Performance Indicators / Dividends
- YTD Time weighted return: 11.05%
- Dividends collected: SGD 929.91
- Keppel Corp: SGD 195
- DBS: SGD 60
- Hang Lung Properties: HKD 1,160
- Yuexiu Transport Infrastructure: HKD 1,440
A Strong Quarter
My portfolio continued its strong start to the year, setting another record high of $160k in the process.
It was bonus payout month at my company so my portfolio received a nice bump in capital contributions. Lower US treasury interest rates coupled with unexpected catalysts underpinned a broad upswing in SG REITs that I own. Some unexpected catalysts include:
- URA Draft Masterplan 2019 – Plot ratios of many existing properties in the CBD and Orchard Road were revised upwards, increasing the possibility of greater Gross Floor Area if capitalised on. Among the SG REITs I own, Starhill Global and to a lesser extent Capitaland Mall Trust were beneficiaries. While it has no immediate rental and DPU impact, it increases the value of the property itself, thus driving increase in unit price.
- FLT joining the FTSE EPRA / NAREIT Global Developed Index drove strong institutional demand in the REIT, pushing up prices in the process. This is because funds that follow the index are forced to acquire units of FLT.
Due to forecasts of anaemic growth in the US, US growth stocks were also back in fashion. This brought my US growth portfolio of Visa, Amazon and Google close to their all time highs.
All these factors came together to become the investment equivalent of the stars aligning. I’ll be perfectly happy to close shop for the year now, but we will see how things go.
As explained in my earlier post, I’ve divested part of my FLT position and shifted the funds into Starhill Global. I’ve also divested my Frasers Property position. In typical fashion, the stock continued its uptrend after I sold it lol. Oh well can’t complain.
Ring closure progress
Average Move target: 600 cal
All rings closed: 27/29 days
As part of my drive to improve my health, I vowed to keep track of my Apple iOS Activity Ring Closure progress going forward.
This month, I was able to keep to my promise for most days of the month except when I was down with the flu (4-5 Mar). Now I’m on a personal best 24 day consecutive Move streak. Hope to keep it going into April.
I’ve been conscientiously getting off the train 1 stop early to walk all the way home, thus the consistent Move and Exercise goal completion this month. I’ve pushed my move goal up to 650 cal, will look to do long distance walks on weekends going forward.
Blog refresh progress
I embarked on self-hosting of my blog after Chinese New Year and have been experimenting extensively on the blog layout, SEO and plugins.
This month I’ve made certain changes to the blog layout. Here’s a summary of the change log:
I’m still not happy with how some of the pages look, like the Companies I’ve Covered page. Will look for a search and filter plugin for that or maybe change it into a page showing various tags. Will have to spend some time on that.
I’m also looking to re-organise my post tags and categories further. Will let you guys know if anything significant changes.
Past Portfolio updates: