Performance Indicators / Dividends
- YTD Time weighted return: 14.15%
- Dividends collected: SGD 929.91
- Keppel Corp: SGD 195
- DBS: SGD 60
- Capitaland Mall Trust: SGD 109.44
- AIMS APAC REIT: SGD 170.50
- Frasers Logistics and Industrial Trust: SGD 495.60
- Hang Lung Properties: HKD 1,160
- Yuexiu Transport Infrastructure: HKD 1,440
The positive start to the year continued with my portfolio setting another record high of $163k .
The first month of every quarter is always the most exciting as its earnings season and when my REITs declare distributions. This quarter’s results has been largely in line with my expectations. Here is a summary of the results that has been announced so far:
- AIMS APAC REIT – DPU 2.75 cents, higher QoQ due to release of excess funds previously retained. Financials largely stable with small increases and decreases y-o-y. Not sure if I will take DRIP this time round, as the VWAP in recent months are much higher, we’ll see.
- Capitaland Mall Trust – DPU 2.88 cents, down QoQ due to slight changes in occupancy. Financials also largely stable. Funan 90% pre-leased, stoked about the new mall when in opens in June 2019
- Capitaland Retail China Trust – DPU 2.59 down YoY on less capital distribution. 9+% Rental reversions.
- Frasers L&I Trust – DPU 3.54 down YoY due to AUD & Euro weakness. Fundamentals remain strong.
- Keppel Corp – Nothing to shout about.
- Keppel-KBS US REIT – DPU 1.50, strong performance.
- Manulife US REIT – DPU 1.51, decent performance.
- Starhill Global REIT – DPU 1.10, stable but slightly disappointing. Will have to wait for the Toshin master lease renegotiations.
- Amazon & Visa – Blowout / Strong earnings
Gains this month was driven largely by Keppel Corp, SingTel, Keppel-KBS US REIT and Starhill Global REIT. My US portfolio has performed well as well. My HK portfolio instead performed slightly poorly.
Is it going to be “Sell in May and go away” this year? We’ll see what happens.
I’ve divested my STI ETF position and added Avenue Therapeutics (as a speculation) and iShares CSI 300 Index ETF (to increase my China exposure).
Ring closure progress
Average Move target: 750 cal
All rings closed: 27/28 days
As part of my drive to improve my health, I vowed to keep track of my Apple iOS Activity Ring Closure progress going forward.
This month, I was able to keep to my promise for most days of the month except 1 day when I reached home, fell asleep on my couch and forgot to close my Move ring :X This ended my Move streak at 43 days. Hope to keep it going into May.
Blog refresh progress
I embarked on self-hosting of my blog after Chinese New Year and have been experimenting extensively on the blog layout, SEO and plugins.
This month I’ve made small changes to the blog layout. Other changes are mainly under the hood to speed up load times. Here’s a summary of the change log:
I added my social contact buttons to the area to the right of my blog header to better utilise the space. Simultaneously, I removed the Facebook plugin in my sidebar as it took a lot of resources to load, slowly down my page load speed.
I also moved some of my menu items down to a secondary menu below the header to reduce clutter at the top.
New Twitter account
I’m not really a Twitter user but I know some you are. As such, I’ve created a Twitter account for the blog for you guys to follow if you’re interested. I’ve synced the feeds of Facebook and Twitter so you can follow either, both will have the same content. You can visit it at the Twitter button mentioned earlier, or Twitter handle @risknreturns.
Past Portfolio updates:
2018 Performance Scorecard
2017 Performance Scorecard
If you love the articles I write, follow me on Facebook, Twitter,InvestingNote, StocksCafe or subscribe to my blog and never miss another article!